Welcome Back to Your YMCA
What You Need To Know Before You Go
Plan Ahead – What Should You Know and Bring?
- Check our current facility hours. Visit our Facilities tab to see the operational hours of each of our campus facilities.
- Mask Requirements:
- Masks are not required if you are. vaccinated. You are welcome to wear a mask if you choose so, as a personal safety measure.
- In accordance with state and local regulations, all members and non-members who are not vaccinated are asked to wear masks while indoors.
- Locker rooms are open.
- Please bring the personal items you need (towel, water bottle, etc.) we do not have towels for sale or offer a towel service. Water Fountains are available to refill personal water bottles or you may purchase a water from our Membership Services Desk.
- Bring your phone. Reservations are required for some activates (Wellness Coaching, Orientations, Lap Swimming, etc.). Our Membership Services team will confirm your appointment upon your arrival. Ready to make a reservation? Use our Scheduler to the left.
- Wipe down equipment, weights, mats, etc. before and after use with the cleaning materials provided.
- The Child Development Center (CDC) currently is not operating in the mornings Monday through Friday. For more information about CDC hours and activities visit our Early Childhood Development page.
- Thinking about joining, visiting with a member or on your own? Our Membership page has the most up-to-date information for members and guests alike!
- For the health and safety of our members and staff if you’re sick or don’t feel well, please stay home.
Helping Keep You Safe
Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our staff, members, and community. To keep you healthy and safe we have:
- Requiring all YMCA team members to wear masks if not vaccinated or when unable to maintain social distancing or when working in our youth programing.
- Provided additional sanitizing stations for equipment, surfaces and areas combined with an increased frequency of cleaning by our staff.
- Added extra hand sanitizer stations.
The Williams YMCA of Avery County is committed to the health and safety of our members, staff and community. Executive Order 215 eases many mask restrictions and social distancing protocols both inside and outside. In response to this new order, we are excited to make the following changes to our mask wearing protocols beginning May 14th, 2021.
- All fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear a mask inside YMCA facilities, and YMCA programs, or while taking part in any YMCA activity.
- Exclusions apply to Childcare program and Camp participants and staff where masks will continue to be required indoors for ages 5 and up.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are expected to follow mask wearing requirements per NCDHHS.
- Staff, members, participants and guests are welcome to continue wearing a mask if they feel comfortable doing so.
Thank you for staying with us throughout the pandemic. We look forward to seeing you at the YMCA!