At the Y, no one is turned away because of an inability to pay. We offer financial assistance based on household income and size, and review special circumstances like medical expenses and unplanned emergencies. Financial assistance is made available through the Y Annual Campaign and grants from generous donors.
Financial assistance can make it more affordable for you to benefit from everything the Y offers, from wellness programs and swim lessons to summer camps and youth sports.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit the front desk to complete an application. You can also download and complete the English-language or Spanish-language application form, and return it to the front desk or submit it to Lisa Isley. Please submit the following documentation to process your application, and allow up to two weeks for approval:
- 2 Recent pay stubs
- Last year’s W2s or most current tax return
- Proof of Unemployment (if applicable)
- Public assistance award letters (if applicable)
- Documentation of financial burden (if applicable)
Note: Other documents may be requested.
- Who benefits from the Y’s financial assistance program?
Families in need receive financial support so they can participate in the Y experience.
- How does the Y handle confidential information?
Your application is held in strict confidence. It will only be used to process the award, and will not be retained with your other membership documents. Sensitive data will be disposed of in keeping with HIPAA privacy laws. A record of your award only will appear in our secure online database.
- How long does the assistance last?
We reassess applications quarterly, based on facility usage and potential changes in situation.
- How can I use the assistance I receive?
You can use it for membership and most programs. Youth and adult sports programs, swim lessons and healthy living programs are just a few of the areas where you can apply funds upon approval.
- Why does the Y request financial records?
Learning about your income and family size allows us to award assistance in a fair and consistent manner to all who qualify.
- How can I show my appreciation?
As a nonprofit organization, we encourage children and adults of every age to lend a hand. Ask about volunteer opportunities. Drop us a note or email firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about your experience so we can share it with our donors. You can also “pay it forward” by making a donation to the Y Annual Campaign so others can benefit too. No gift is too small.
- How does the Y determine how much financial assistance I can receive?We rely on a sliding fee scale, which considers household income and size. We also review circumstances such as medical expenses and unemployment.